A Lesson To Learn

Life lessons are very important things to learn. They help us get through life and understand it better. There isn't a set list of life lessons a person has to learn in their life though, they are different for everyone. Some people may even learn the same lesson, but be at different stages in their life when they learn it. In this blog post, I'm going to be sharing one of the important life lessons I've learned so far.

Don't Dwell On the Past and What You Can't Change

It's something that seems like it would be very simple and make sense, but for me it was not, and honestly still isn't very easy to not do. I am a huge perfectionist, so I try to get everything that I do to be done perfectly, or at least what perfect looks like in my head. When I don't get things done how I would like them, I have a big issue with continuing to think about it and regret it, even though I know it's already in the past. 

I have so many examples of where this has happened before, whether it was getting a bad grade on a test, missing my mission trip to Haiti over the summer because of various reasons, not performing a song to the best of my ability, or not getting a role that I wanted in a play. Some of these examples are very specific and they're from when I actually did dwell on the past. Those were not the best of times.

This lesson has really hit me hard recently, and hard enough that's it's begun to actually sink in. When things happen, good or bad, there's nothing you can do about them to change them. They happen however they're supposed to. The only thing that you can do about it, is not dwell on it, because you can't change it. You can only look up and keep moving forward.

Comments

  1. This is really relatable in my own life. With what you said about getting a bad grade on a test, its hard to just look past it and move on but there is nothing you can do about it and thats what you have to do. It is a good lesson to learn, especially early in life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Today is a Good Day for a Good Day"

Alphabetical Adventures

Tea Time