"Today is a Good Day for a Good Day"

This is one of my all time favorite quotes. To my knowledge, it isn't originally by anyone in particular. The first time I heard it though, I heard it from my mentor, "big sister", and friend, Abby. I love this quote because it's such a great reminder. It's pretty much become my motto too, because of how much I say it. Allow me to really explain to you why I like it so much.
When you really think about it, we as people mostly have control over our mood and how we feel. We have the power to either let little things get to us, or not let them bother us in the least bit. I understand that sometimes we just have those days where we feel like we don't have control over anything at all, but that's why I said for the most part;)
My love for this quote first started on a mission trip to Haiti I went on last February. We had to wake up super early in the morning to get the day started after staying up really late still working. Every morning Abby would come around saying "today is a good day for a good day," and it just instantly lifted my tired and grumpy mood. When we got back home from the trip, I started writing the saying out in my planner and on scrap pieces of paper in class. I started saying to other people too. The more I said it out loud, the more I started to believe it.
When you tell yourself you're sad or that you're in a bad mood, you will be. But when you tell yourself that it's going to be a good day and that you'r going to stay happy and positive, you will. You have the power to make that choice of how your day will be. There may be bumps in the road sometimes, that's inevitable, but it's all up to you on how you choose to handle those bumps. You can choose to let them slow you down, or you can choose to handle them with grace and remember that there's always tomorrow and that it can be a good day then too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alphabetical Adventures

Tea Time